Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Hectic Dinner


The Hectic Dinner
By
Jamie Driver



        It is a rainy evening, and Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are about to have dinner.  “So are you still leading in the polls?” asks Hillary.  Pleasingly Donald Trump replies, “Oh yes far ahead of Cruz, Fiorina, and other candidates.” “What if I become president?” asks Hillary.  “I would become a democrat again, it is all part of the plan,” Trump replies professionally. “If I win I will make things worse like a democrat.”  “Hey! Lets invite Ted Cruz and Carly Fiorina to our dinner,” announces Trump.  Hillary suggests,” I will bake a cake.”  Trump sophisticatedly states, “Put a jumbo democrat symbol and a tiny tiny republican symbol on that cake, because democrats have more power.” In about an hour Hillary comes out yelling, “It’s Done!!!” as she lays it on the table.  “Where in the world are they?” questioned Trump.  Despite the rain which was falling very hard that evening, Ted and Carly were right down the road.


      Ted Cruz and Carly Fiorina arrive in an excellent manner. “Hello Donald and Hillary,” exclaimed Cruz in a nervous state.  Cruz and Carly are shocked that Hillary Clinton is there.  “Hello Ted Cruz,” replies Hillary. “Welcome Carly Fiorina,” replies Trump.  They sit down at the enormously humongous table which had salad, spaghetti, wine, and cake.  “Who would like to start a discussion?” suggests Hillary. “I will!!!” shouts Donald.  “ When I become president (because I will become president…) my first day in office I am going to make a wall and make Mexico pay for that wall and after that I’m  going to take a vacation and do some relaxation,” states Trump lazily.  Boldly Cruz states “When I become president the first thing I am going to do is turn over all of Obama’s executive orders.” “Don’t start that Ted,” pushes in Trump rudly.  At that moment Carly steps in and states “When I become president I am going to make two phone calls…”  “O.K. O.K. we know, “ interrupts Trump again.  “I will send federal troops to destroy ISIS,” promises Ted.  “Hillary is my good friend even though I am a Republican,” stated Trump. “So?” Cruz and Fiorina exclaimes at the same moment.  Instantly Trump continues “That means I am more Democrat than Republican.” Ted and Carly just smiled trying to use their manners, but they were not surprised at Trumps puerile remarks.

            Outside is lovely and everyone was done with dinner, so they left the table and went out to enjoy the weather.  “Who do you think will win the next debate?” asks Donald Trump.  “There is no telling,” replies Cruz, “because I will talk strongly about defunding Planned Parenthood.”  Trump replied irritably “See you in a week. “ “Don’t you mean tomorrow?” states Carly coolly. “Unless I am five minutes late, “ replies Trump.  Thankfully they gave goodbyes, complemented dinner, and left the hectic dinner.




                I have written this story for my writing assignment, because I am rooting for Ted Cruz and hope Donald Trump will fall in the polls and will not be in the final debates.



2 comments:

Karen said...

Very interesting and creative. You're so funny! Your descriptions were very well written that I could picture the whole seen. :)

RobinJeanne said...

I guess you know more about what's going on.... not sure about "hectic" but but definitely left me with a spinning and confused head.....

Post a Comment